1 John 4:19

"we love because He loved us first."

Sunday, November 17, 2013

my little blessing

It has been a beautiful Fall.  Hannah and I have been spending so much time outside.  We are very thankful for days at the park, time with friends at the Arboretum, and long walks each afternoon.  

This Fall has been filled with lots of good things and lots of other things too.  This past October Zach and I lost our second baby.  I was only 8 weeks pregnant when we found out the heart beat had stopped.  It had been a long eight weeks of ups and downs, my hormone levels weren't right, I had spotting off and on, and my sweet doctor was hopeful but things weren't going smoothly.  We heard our babies heart beat at 6 weeks.  I will always remember that sound and the happiness we felt when we got the news that there was healthy growth.  Then just two weeks after our lives were changed and we grew together as a family like never before.  It has been a roller coaster of emotions but I know that God has his hand on my life and more importantly our little babies' life.  We have so many friends that have been through this before and they have been so wonderful to lift us up and give support.  I know our baby is in heaven with Jesus and in a book called Heaven Is For Real, it says that when I go to heaven I will get to meet my baby and I will recognize it as my own.  Until then, I will pray for you and always cherish the short 8 weeks I was with you.  You taught me so much in the short time we were together and your purpose was great.  I love you baby.

I have grown a lot as a person over the last couple months and through everything, I can say that I am more thankful for my family than I ever have been.  I didn't think I could love Hannah or Zach anymore than I do, but I do.  And the love continues to grow deeper and stronger!  I know that there will be hard times and sad times but as a family with Jesus in the center as our rock and our foundation we will go on and we will be thankful for each day that the Lord has made.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio