My "get to".I'm not going to lie I have spent a lot of time the last month thinking and dwelling on all the things I miss and "don't get to" do anymore. The gym, date nights, seeing my family, going to the lake, shopping, going over to our friends houses, all the sports, dance, school, hair appointments, massages, nails, comforting things. All the things we have in our lives that we love and look forward to. CHURCH! Worshiping the Lord with the body, sending our kids to Sunday school. Drinking hot coffee as I get to sit and be fed by an amazing church. My clean house, I miss our house cleaner so much. I love her and always have but I appreciate her more, I do! TRAVEL!!! After canceling two trips with my family, its sad! Can I get an amen!But last night, I felt it tugging at my heart strong. The Holy Spirit was telling me. You have it. All the joy. All you need. It is ok. I am here.It is ok that we don't know all the answers. It is ok that we don't know when school is going to go back or if at all. It is ok that we don't know when life will return to normal and when we get to do all our things again. It is ok that I am sad and that we are all uneasy. It is ok that we have hard days. And then my heart turned from what I don't get to do to what I DO get to do. And I had peace.We get to be in the word together and grow together in our faith. We get to encourage each other and our friends. WE GET TO! This is where my heart is. This is where I am. I am choosing to think of the things that I get to do and it is really helping. So here is my get to list. I get to love my kids. I get to support and cherish my hard working husband. I get to tidy up the house, make meals and clean up after. I get to fold tiny clothes and put them in their place. I get to have a cup of coffee with my husband in the morning and enjoy lunch everyday together. I get to edit my daughters writing and read stories to my kids. We get to sleep in and stay up later than we normally would any other April. And I am thankful.Thank you Lord for loving us and dying for us. Thank you Lord for loving me and saving me even though I am a sinner. Thank you Lord. Thank you for all the blessings and joy you have placed in my life. Thank you for opening my heart right now to try and stop focusing on all the things that we don't get to do and for shining light on the JOY we have. Thank you for making all this craziness worth it. I know where my happiness is found and I know that my strength is in You and I am thankful.This is the verse we are memorizing this week. Psalm 28:7."The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and He helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him."
Monday, April 6, 2020
My "Get To"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment