Trying to make cheaper dinners, is not an easy task. Especially when you are cooking for two! I have been trying to find recipes that are easy and not filled with lots of different ingredients. Also, it would be nice to start using some of the same ingredients in several different dishes, so I don't have to go get a particular spice for one meal and another one for something else. So, I was looking in my pantry trying to think of what would be good with some of the things we "always" have at home. Then I got online and started searching. I found this recipe at the Campbells Kitchen website (click title to be taken there. All I had to buy at the store was chicken, black beans, and chicken stock! It was really easy and yummy :) Hope you like it too!
Santa Fe Chicken and Rice
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
Serves: 4
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
1 3/4 cup Swanson® Chicken Stock
1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 can (about 15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Directions:
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until it's well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
Reduce the heat to medium. Heat the remaining oil in the skillet. Add the rice and cook and stir until it's golden. Stir in the stock, picante sauce and cumin and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Stir in the beans and corn. Return the chicken to the skillet. Top the chicken with the cheese. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.


0 comments:
Post a Comment