1 John 4:19

"we love because He loved us first."

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lights Out

I love my home, I really do, but because I have been here so much lately (not complaining), there are some things that need an update. One easy and partially inexpensive way to do this is with NEW lamps!

Our lamps are all ones that have been passed down from different family members or were bought freshman/sophomore year of college quickly in one day to fill a spot. They are all pretty cute, but they just aren't giving me the tuscan/modern feel I have been going for in our home.

Yesterday I spent the day with my Mom helping her get some things ready for my Nana's big move to Wichita Falls (different blog spot). Whenever I am with my Mom the conversation is mostly centered around decorating. As you know, my Mom has great style! This is perfect for me because I just don't really have the ability to pull things together. I can pick out a piece here and there but usually they are from all different styles and backgrounds and just won't blend well together (hence my wardrobe).

Anyway, we were talking about a little update to my house and she said getting new lamps could be a brightener. That's what I have been researching. Here are some cute ones I've found. Our master is sky blue and chocolate brown and our guest room is mustard yellow and creams. Also, I would love to put some in our den which could really be any color due to our wingback chair fabric (love)!

Here is a picture of our den:


I think these wall lamps from Pottery Barn would be super cute on either side of the sofa!



And I also like these for the bedrooms, not sure which colors....I found them online at Ballards Design (great prices), Anthropologie, and Pottery Barn.



I'll let you know what we/I decide ;) Ha! It is so much fun to look for them. They can really add so much to a room. I can't wait to order some, there are so many cute ones out there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio