1 John 4:19

"we love because He loved us first."

Monday, November 29, 2010

thanks

"Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise, your glorious name."
1 Chronicles 29:13

I had so much fun last week!

Being a teacher, I am lucky to have a whole week off for Thanksgiving break! Which meant it was the perfect time to take a little trip to Midland. It doesn't sound like it would be hard to get there, but boy is it a long 5 hour drive. Flying is the best way to go, but that's when our baby dog comes into play. So, all around it's usually just easiest to find a long weekend and drive.

Once we were there we had so much fun spending time with our Midland fam. It was really nice to be able to relax and catch up with everyone. Addie is getting so talkative. She is such a sweet little girl, and we really felt like we got to know her loving personality this trip. She had tons of fun with her Uncle Zach and vice versa. We are looking forward to being in Midland again soon for the Christmas! Maybe baby Crawford will come a bit early
so we can see him then!

He's going to be such a great Daddy some day! ;)


The rest of the week was spent in Fort Worth with my family. All of my siblings were there and it was so wonderful. We have been so busy lately, and I felt like I hadn't a long weekend with my sisters in so long. I finally got to just sit, hold, and kiss on baby Olivia. She is such a precious baby, I love her so much! In fact, all of the kiddo's were adorable! I am so lucky to have so many precious children in my life.


Also, Marmie and Poppie were quite the hostest with the mostest. I think I gained about 10 pounds out at the lake, but it was worth it! To make things a bit easier on Marmie we split up the Thanksgiving dinner so that she could have more time for things like this... :)


Each family was responsible for one or two dishes. It really made things easy for everyone and the kitchen was a calm place :) I made the sweet potato casserole. I'll post the recipe later, but it turned out great! I'll use it again and again!


On Friday the guys played golf and the girls braved University Park Village. We bundled up all the kids and hit the road. I hadn't been to University in a couple months, and man has it changed. Fort Worth has an Anthropologie!! And it's a really neat one too! I swear I love every single thing in that store, I find myself thinking, "One of each please". Also, McKinnley's Bakery has moved to a bigger space. It is totally redecorated and looks great! The food was delicious as usual and the cookies are still to die for! The shopping day was a success and I made it home with our Christmas wrapping paper and new ornament for our tree.

All smiles with some soda pop :)

We ended the weekend with a grand finale celebrating Poppie's birthday at the City Club downtown. I love you Poppie! Thanks for being the best Dad in the whole wide world!


It was hard to say good-bye, but it was a bit easier knowing that baby Anna Jane (Janie) is going to be born on Wednesday! Please pray that Kate has an easy delivery and that Janie has a wonderful birthday! December 1st would be a pretty cool birthday to have :)

Can you tell I'm obsessed with our nieces and nephew (soon to be nephews)!



2 comments:

Carol Morgan said...

I didn't know that Kate was due so soon. What wonderful news!

Grace said...

Yes! We are so excited :) Kate is doing great and very calm!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio