When was the last time you jumped up and down like a little girl because you were overcome with joy and excitement?
This is the question that Beth Moore asked me and the other women in my bible study last night. We were soon told that this feeling should happen inside us everyday.
Every. Single. Day.
How wonderful would that be, how happy would you feel? Despite the hardships and temptations that we are faced with, just the love of the Lord in our hearts should allow us to feel like a little girl, happy and silly, everyday. This might sound unrealistic, but the awesome thing about it is that it's not! I loved this quote when I read it last night.
"The lack of joy is often because we don't fully get it - we are stopped in self absorption."
The world places stress on us on a daily basis, pressures that we usually don't even notice. For a while it seemed that more often than not I would come home from work and feel beat down and exhausted (not from my job or the kids or anyone) just from the outside world, all the extras that I felt were necessary, all the stuff. Recently, I had a great talk with a good friend that brought a lot of peace to me. She reminded me that even though it's hard, we need to live in the moments of each day. She is so right! I have always been the type of person who thinks about the next big event in life, the next new item to buy, the next big thing to look forward to. I think this is something that we all do, it's natural. However, doing this has really blocked me from seeing the beauty in the now.
Since our talk, I have been trying to focus on the present instead of the next big milestone. Those things will happen regardless, time will take care of itself. I might as well enjoy the now and place my energy and love on the day before me. It helps to create special moments that cheer you up and put a smile on your face. These moments remind me that each day is a special and an amazing gift. Actually, it's the most beautiful gift. The gift of God's love. In the book of Revelation 19:11 it says that God's name is Faithful and True. Just imagine someone called Faithful and True. How wonderfully refreshing is that! The person who loves us most and who creates our everyday and move is known as Faithful and True. Just the thought of that makes me feel that giddy feeling!
Basically, after a lot of what might be rambling, I just want to add that I'm not trying to say it's wrong to think about big trips or buying a new cute outfit, I'm just trying to say that there is more to life than those things. Those things are still real and definitely needed :) they just shouldn't define happiness, contentment, and those jumping up and down moments of joy.
Really, I feel what I have learned from this week is this:
Instead of focusing on things and the future things, be content and rejoice in the fulfillment of His love. After all, He is faithful and He is true!
And to top it all off, I heard this song on the radio while driving home. Amen!


1 comments:
Grace, I love your blog! You are such a gifted writer:) This post is so refreshing and true! Thank you for sharing your heart and encouraging me today!
Post a Comment