1 John 4:19

"we love because He loved us first."

Monday, August 1, 2011

busy bee

This July, I feel like its been a whirl wind. We have been super duper busy. All with really good things!! I was home a total of seven days this month. If you know me, you know I am a home body, so it's nice to be home and finally reflect on all of our activities.

The first two weeks of July we were in Colorado with family. You can read all about that in the link. It was AMAZING!

The third week of July we were in Milwaukee for Northwestern Mutuals Annual Conference. One of the best parts of this Conference is that it happens every year during the third week of July. Last year was our first year and we came home feeling educated and refreshed. This year was nothing shy of that! The week is packed with different activities and great speakers for motivation. One night Northwestern rented out the Milwaukee Zoo and set up huge tents with different bands, foods, and drinks. It was really neat! They call this night the Zoo party, and that it was. One day we ran a 5K along part of the Great Lake. It was beautiful and the weather was perfect. I swear if I lived there I would be a runner, for sure, in the summer months! Each morning we listened to different famous speakers, all telling their success stories. Talk about pumping you up! Some of the neat ones included Mark Allen a six time Triathlon World Champion and Aaron Rodgers who is the starting quarterback for the Green Bay Packers and XLV Super Bowl MVP. We were wined and dined by great friends and had great conversations about the business :) It is all so exciting! I am so thankful that my husband has been given the opportunity to work for this amazing christian company, God is good!

Zoo Party Pic with great work friends!
My favorite animal! We got to see one run and it was so graceful ;)
Elephants just amaze me. They are like dinosaurs, I swear!
Beautiful sunset after a delicious meal at the Harbor House
In our pink with our cute husbands :) Was not planned, ha!
Sail boat docked at the pier, so neat!
Milwaukee skyline at sunset with 70 degree weather!

Last weekend I spent time with my dear friends at the Four Seasons Resort in Las Colinas. It was our first annual "girls weekend" and will from now on be a yearly event. The resort is spectacular. The service is so nice and will do anything to make you feel comfortable. We loved this part and felt very pampered all weekend :) What are girls weekends for, right? Friday night we went to Via Real Gourmet Mexican for dinner. It was so yummy and we spent the whole time laughing and catching up. Saturday we spent the whole day by the pool, applying lots of sunscreen (thanks Lindsay!) to avoid wrinkles down the road. The pool is beautiful and the poolside service is super! We were given ice cold towels to cool off with and were sprayed with Evian water for a cold breeze. It was a relaxing day by the pool and I loved it! Saturday night we went to Blue Fish Sushi and had great sushi and fancy martinis. The dinner was filled with great girl talk and lots of laughs too! The resort was great but my favorite part of the trip was being able to laugh, cry, and catch up with these girls. We are each so different yet so much the same. They make me want to be a better person and I love them so much! It was a special weekend :)

Pretty Flowers!
Poolside, our favorite spot!
Soaking up the sun!
Pretty girls!
"They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully
sing of Your righteousness."
Psalm 107:1

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio