I was just reading one of my favorite blogs, Kelly's Korner, and she had posted five questions to recap the year. I thought this would make the perfect post.
Wow! 2012 was awesome! I have to say it was my favorite year so far with 2009, the year we got married, close behind.
1. What are you most thankful for? This year we found out we were going to have a baby, we had a baby, and we learned how to get through the newborn months with each others help and support. Everyday I look at Zach and feel so blessed. I am amazed at his love and positivity. He has been my backbone the last couple months and I am so grateful to him! I am the luckiest girl that he picked me to be his bride :)! Hannah has brought so much joy to our family. We look at her in awe as she grows and develops every day. I told her yesterday that 2013 was going to be a big year for her....rolling over, growing, grabbing, growing, talking, growing, eating solids, growing, crawling, growing, maybe even walking, and growing! We are pumped!
2. What were the highlights of 2012 for you? The night my husband told me he was ready for me to get off birth control and two months later when we found out we were having a baby. And of course, getting home with our baby Hannah and starting our lives as a little family.
3. What are you hoping for in 2013? This year I want to spend more time at church. I hope to learn more about my Savior and grow closer to him so that I may learn the purpose He has for me. I hope that I am a patient loving Mom to my sweet baby as she grows and learns more about the world around her. I hope that I am a serving wife who provides love and support. And finally I hope that I get back in a work-out routine...this body is crying for some cardio! ha!
4. What are your favorites of 2012? Well definitely having Hannah, loving on Hannah, and learning how to be a Mommy. TCU being in the BIG 12 and having fun at most of the home game tailgates (We finally got a grownup spot)! Finishing up my last year of teaching, I loved my students but I love staying home with Hannah so much more ;) Meeting new friends and starting a supper club group with sweet families that are all in our stage of life.
5. Who was God to you in 2012? God was big in my life this year. He has showed me so much about myself. He blessed me with a healthy baby girl, he protected me and kept me strong while I was pregnant, and he has carried me and given me lots of patience while I learn how to care for Hannah the best I can. I have needed him so much this year to calm my worries and fears and He was always there comforting me along the way. He brought an amazing bible study group to me where I could talk to older women about having a baby and it was just nice to have a support group other than family. He also brought a busy season to Zach at work which helped ease our fears about loosing my paycheck each month. We have been blessed for sure and I am so thankful for last year.
PEACE, LOVE, JOY!


0 comments:
Post a Comment