It took us about two and a half months, but we made it, finally! I have been missing church so much! Hannah had her two month vaccines and she did awesome. We had been waiting until she got her shots to venture out to a big crowd of people closed indoors with her (cold and flu season are in full force!). Our church does a travelers Christmas service in the middle of the week. It is a beautiful service with lots of Christmas songs, lighting of the candels, communion, and a great message to remind every heart what the true meaning of CHRISTmas is ;) I was so proud of Hannah girl too, she slept in her b'jorn the whole time! What a champ! She knew Momma needed some good church time!
Listening to Pastor Paul and the story of Jesus' birth amazes me. Now that I have a baby it amazes me even more. Such a sweet story filled with so much hope and joy. Really, every babies birth is such a miracle filled with so much hope and joy. I am reminded of how much faith Mary and Joseph had to have had. To be told that their baby boy would be our Savior and the son of God. To follow and trust with no questions. I look at Hannah and everything she does just amazes me, her smile, laugh, coos, cries. I can't imagine how Mary and Joseph would look at their little boy and not be totally in awe. I'm sure it was just breathtaking! What an unbelievable story. Pastor Paul read us the scripture just like my Dad reads us the scripture every Christmas morning. It is impossible to hold back tears, I love it so much. The best story of all.
My mom gave all her grandkids an advent calendar with bible verses for each day until Christmas. Because Hannah is so little this year :) lucky me has gotten the piece of chocolate everyday and I read the verse outloud for her to hear. I have loved it! Ha! So simple but so neat to be reminded everyday what this season is all about. The season has been pretty calm for us this year. We have had a couple Christmas parties for work but for the most part we have been laying low and watching Hannah girl grow. I know when she is older we will look back on these days and long for a slow season, I am trying to soak it up and enjoy every minute!


0 comments:
Post a Comment