1 John 4:19

"we love because He loved us first."

Friday, December 28, 2012

holiday

Our house all lit up :)

Christmas this year was very special.  It was our first Christmas as a family of four (including Max)!  The weekend before Christmas we went to my parents house and enjoyed lots of down time while watching the kiddos run around and be silly.  It was really nice because my grandmother who is 89 was there, and she was so cute and excited to see all of her great grandkids.  I loved watching her smile at their youthfulness.  I think it gave her energy being around so many young ones!  We opened up gifts one night, it was a neat year because most of the kids are to the age where they really believe and understand Christmas and Santa.  Lots of toys were given this year and the little faces loved every second.

"Shout joyfully to the Lord, all you lands; worship the Lord with cries of gladness; come before him with joyful song." Psalms 100:1-2

The day before Christmas Eve, we traveled to Zach's parents house.  It was a LONG car ride, but Hannah did awesome!  She slept the entire way there with a quick stop for lunch :)  I had been worrying about that car ride for about three months!  God had his hand on things and made it the easiest car ride with a three month old I could imagine.

"Give thanks to God, bless his name; good indeed is the Lord, whose love endures forever, whose faithfulness lasts through every age." Psalms 100:4-5

The house was filled with Christmas!  Sweet smells filled the air, lights twinkled, and warm hugs awaited our arrival :)  We had a great time!  Zach's mom is an amazing cook.  I especially love her sweets...I'm pretty sure I ate my weight in cookies, pies, and ice cream!  Jesus' birthday was calm and relaxing.  Hannah and I stayed in our pajamas until about 1 p.m.  Zach gave me a necklace with Hannah's initials, I love it so much, it brought tears to my eyes when I opened it up.  I got him an iPad.  Our family finally has one!  We have been wanting one forever and I finally broke down and got him one.  He has been on it ever since :)  Hannah got a Baby Einstein activity play mat.  I can't wait to see how she does with it.  She has really been locking her eyes on things and reaching out to touch things.  I know she will love it.

"For a child is born to us, a son is given us; upon his shoulder dominion rests.  They name in Wonder-Counselor, God-Hero, Father-Forever, Prince of Peace."  Isaiah 9:5

We had a wonderful time celebrating Jesus.  I am so thankful for his love and mercy.  Happy Birthday precious Baby!

Christmas Eve

Daddy and Baby

Christmas morning in our pjs

Christmas Day 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio