1 John 4:19

"we love because He loved us first."

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

three months and growing

Three months old!


Two weeks ago we took you to the doctor to get some things checked out that I was worrying about, one being a toe nail, hehe!  But doc says everything is just great and there is nothing to worry about.  I am kinda glad we went because we got to weigh you again and see how much you have grown!

13 pounds and 6 ounces!
and that was a couple weeks ago so I think you are definitely 14 pounds now :)

Miss Hannah is really starting to talk!  She loves talking to herself :)  It is possibly the cutest sound her Daddy and I have ever heard.  The past couple mornings when she wakes up she just lays in her crib talking to herself.  We laugh as we listen and watch her on the monitor.  It is so funny and sweet!  I can just picture it now, in a couple years, our little girl really talking to herself or possibly singing when she wakes up!  Looks like someone is going to be a morning person like her Dad.

Just this past week you have started taking your pacifier.  I love it because I only give it to you right before you want to fall asleep for a nap or bedtime.  It soothes you to sleep every time! We used to put you in the swing to fall asleep because that was the only thing that soothed you.  Now I just pop in your paci and put you in the crib for naps and at night.  You sleep on your tummy for naps and I swaddle you on your back at night.  I still rock you to sleep most nights.  I love it and don't want to give it up :)  There is something so sweet about holding you while you are sleeping and the room is dark and quiet.  I will cherish these sweet moments with you forever! Usually you sleep between 7 and 8 hours at night but you have been known to sleep 10 hours! 

You are getting so great at tummy time.  Now when I put you on your tummy you just talk and talk.  Your neck and back are getting so strong!

We still have some work to do with taking a bottle, but I know we will get it eventually.  Just need to do it more often, that's my fault!  Babysitters and other family members want to feed you and I want to be able to share that with them, so we will master it by the end of the month :)  You are eat great and are still on a three hour schedule during the day.  Your last feeding is at 10 and then off to bed we go!

You are reaching and grabbing anything we put in front of your eyes.  It is so neat to see you watch a toy as we move it around.  You get a kick out of any toy with lights.  You love watching them blink to the music they play.  In fact you love any lights.  At night when I put you in your crib awake, you fall asleep staring at the green light on your monitor.  It is so funny!

We have finally moved to your baby bath tub.  You were starting to get too long for the sink ;)  You aren't so sure what to think about being in a tub of water.  You don't cry and you don't smile, you just lay there with a straight face like you are thinking, "this better be over real quick!" haha!

Everything you do amazes me and I love you Hannah girl!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio