1 John 4:19

"we love because He loved us first."

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

milestones

For the past three weeks Hannah has been waking up at night.  I never want to deny her of eating...what if she really is that hungry?!  So I have been back in the routine of night feedings.  

After doing some article reading I found that around 4 months is another growth spurt, I guess we hit that a couple weeks early.  Also, when she woke up she would bust out of her swaddle.  I didn't know what to do!  Is she done with the swaddle?  Is she hungry?  Is she cold or hot?

I asked a couple Moms that I admire and got good feedback.  Yes, she is going through her growth spurt and probably is hungry and yes she is done with the swaddle!  

The first night we tried putting her on her back in pj's and a sleep sack so her arms were free.  That did not work!  Her arms were too distracting, poor thing could NOT fall asleep!  Instead of trying another night like that I went back to the swaddle.  Worst night ever!  She busted out of her swaddle every hour.  I knew after that night that we were done done done with that thing and had to find an alternative.  

TUMMY!  I was so scared to put her on her tummy at night.  Everyone says "back is best"!  My mom and some others convinced me she would be just fine and that her neck was strong enough for her to be on her tummy.  So I went for it.  The first night I think I slept with one eye open on the monitor, but she did just great and slept all night until 7:45 the next morning!  The second night I did much better and actually got some sleep too.  So there you have it, our girl is a tummy sleeper through and through for naps and night.  I think it's so cute, she looks so cuddly on her tummy!  I have an obsession with taking pictures on her sleeping on her tummy ;)




On to the next milestone....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio