So wish I was a "fly by the seat of my pants" kinda gal....but I'm not. And with age I am getting farther and farther away from that kinda gal by the day. Let's just say I don't handle last minute plans, switch of plans, or surprises very well at all.
I like to have things organized, planned out, time schedule, outfit ready, mind in the right mode. I know exactly where I get it, my Daddio. He's not exactly flexible either. Well I guess none of us Gavin girls are exactly flexible when it comes to plans. This can be a good things and annoying at the same time (mostly to people who are spontaneous).
As a teacher I was pretty chill when things didn't go as planned. When you have a room full of eight year olds, stuff is bound to get all outa wak. I did my best to keep things routine and at the same pace. I know the students liked it too, kids crave routine!
There have only been a handful of times when special people in my life have surprised me. Usually didn't go over too well. Mostly always ends with me being flustered and shut down because I am all thrown off. I always tell Zach to please please not surprise me with events. It would kill me to not have everything in place and organized. Last month when Zach and I rushed to the ER for his appendicitis I was so nervous to leave Hannah with things out of order for her. She was fine, of course, with her cousins and my sisters :) Thank goodness for family.
I guess I'm writing this post so that when I look back at this blog I will know that alllll this really started around 28. Ha! And when I had my baby it really came on strong ;) Kids make last minute things so much harder for me. Doesn't it for everone?! I mean there is just so much stuff to pack and routine to keep. I try to keep Hannah pretty flexible when it comes to her routine, hard to do when you yourself has a fixed routine everyday...Oh well what's the worst that could happen, like Mother like Daughter ;)
I could end this post by saying, "This year I will try to be more spontaneous." But let's be honest people, it's just not who I am and things aren't changing. So if you have something you'd like me to attend, please please allow me time to get things ready! Thanks!
I could end this post by saying, "This year I will try to be more spontaneous." But let's be honest people, it's just not who I am and things aren't changing. So if you have something you'd like me to attend, please please allow me time to get things ready! Thanks!


0 comments:
Post a Comment