1 John 4:19

"we love because He loved us first."

Thursday, October 17, 2013

thank goodness for grandmothers

I rocked Hannah to sleep.  Either nap or bedtime I rocked and rocked and rocked.  I started this routine when she was just a wee one.  Even though everyone told me not to, I did.  Most days I loved it and treasured the special time together and then the sweetest was watching Hannah sleep in my arms.  But there was definitely negatives about it too.  Slowwwwwly putting her in the crib so she didn't wake and if she did started the WHOLE routine over.  Spending hours and hours a day in the rocking chair trying to get her to sleep.  It was a bad habit for her and for me.  

I tried and tried to break her of falling asleep on me but I she would cry so hard!  It was awful and I couldn't stomach listening to her yell out for me.  But it was wearing on me and at night especially when she would wake up and want me to come and rock her back to sleep.  I was tired and so was she!



And then..........Zach and I went out of town and left Hannah with my parents for a week.  I had no idea what a wonderful thing this would turn out to be.  Not only for Zach and I but for Hannah too!

Somehow my Mom got her to sleep all night long from 7:30 to 9 in the morning.  She dropped her 5am bottle and now sleeps like a champ.  If she wakes up she talks herself back to sleep and it only takes her about three minutes.  And best of all, she goes to bed for naps and night like it's the best thing that has ever happened to her.  She smiles up and me when I lay her down and cuddles up with her blanky.  No more rocking and no more crying.  ITS UNREAL PEOPLE! I don't know how Marme did it and I don't think I want to know, but I am so happy with the results.  I haven't felt this rested in over a year and I know Hannah feels great too!  

Thank goodness for Marme's that know just what to do with little babies!  Too bad I didn't leave Hannah for a week months and months ago, ha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio