1 John 4:19

"we love because He loved us first."

Monday, January 20, 2014

2013 holidays

WOOOOOW!  Life has been a bit crazy round here.  I am so behind on blogging and it has been haunting me!  With the start of the new year I have finally found some time to sit and think back on the holidays.  Here's a short glimpse into each one just so we remember :)

Halloween was a blast.  We had over friends and their kids and did some trick or treating up and down the block.  It was really fun to see all the other children all dressed up.  The night was gorgeous and we talked with neighbors and enjoyed the fun spirit of the evening.  Hannah was a ladybug.  It was a hand-me-down from my sister.  PERFECT!  She looked so cute in the little costume.  She had a couple pieces of candy, loved it.  I couldn't resist with it being the number one candy night of the year!  I'm pretty sure Snickers are her favorite treat - great minds think alike ;)  After walking up the block we came back to the house for some warm chili and corn bread.  I am so thankful for good friends and fun times like these.  

Sweetest Mommy friends and their cuties!

My favs!

Thanksgiving was in Midland this year.  It was wonderful!  Hannah did awesome on the car ride.  We turned her seat around so she could watch some shows.  Barney is a BIG hit around here these days.  The week was lovely and it was so nice to catch up with Zach's family.  His Mom made a delicious meal on Thanksgiving day and we ate it for days after because we just couldn't get enough!  I love left-overs so much!  Hannah's favorite part was the green bean casserole.  Again - great minds think alike ;) Hannah got an early Christmas present while we were there.  A Little Tikes car.  She loves it so much.  The weather has been pretty mild this Winter and we have enjoyed playing with it outside almost everyday.  It's always sad to leave after being together for so long.  We sure do wish we were all closer together!  Hannah loves playing with her sweet cousins there.

Happy Turkey Day!

Got to ride around in a golf cart with the Dads

Feeding the ducks!

Christmas is always such a magical time of year.  We listened to Christmas music 24/7!  I just couldn't get enough.  I also made frequent stops to Starbucks for my red cup of hot coffee.  It just puts you in a good mood.  This year I was invited to an Advent Calendar Ornament Exchange with 24 other women.  It was probably one of my favorite Christmas parties.  Each girl made 24 of the same ornament to match her bible scripture for the advent calendar.  At the party we passed out the ornaments so that each girl had 24 different ones with scripture for each day of December.  We loved putting them on the tree and reading the scripture each day.  It was such a neat way for me to reflect on the real reason for the season.  I will cherish these ornaments always and look forward to doing it every year, especially when Hannah is older and really understands the scripture.  My parents house was filled with Christmas spirit and we had a wonderful week!  Hannah got a play kitchen from "Santa" and has played with it every day!  BEST GIFT EVER!  Yay Mom and Dad ;)  

My angel in the Christmas pageant

Santa was not a hit this year ;)

Love our new toys!

New Years Eve!  Happy 2014!!!!  We went over to my sisters house and had tacos and all the yummy sides that go with.  All the kids ran around and played, Hannah only made it to 8, but everyone else stayed up to ring in the new year.  And I got my kiss from my babe, best way to bring in a great new year :)  


Now that the holidays are over, I am in clean out mode!  I want everything clean and in its place.  Garage sale happening here, just as soon as I can find an open weekend!!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio