1 John 4:19

"we love because He loved us first."

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

scripture

A couple days ago, I read a cute blogger friends new post. In it she talked about her walk with the Lord and how Beth Moore and her bible studies have been a big part of her walk.

As I read on, I learned that Beth is challenging her sisters in Christ to memorize 24 bible verses over the course of 2011. I am so excited to have found out about this! I have been wanting to memorize more verses and become more comfortable quoting scripture. Some of the things I have done in the past are write a verse on a note card and tape it to the frig or the mirror in our bathroom. These are good ways to read the verses, but I found that I never really memorized it word for word, verse for verse.

One thing I admire so much in Godly women is their ability to speak the Word so freely and confidently. Such a beautiful thing to be able to do. I think about day to day conversations I have and how many times I am reminded of scripture, but can't ever put my finger on the verse or the correct words. So I try to rephrase and find the right words, which is never the same or quite as moving :) ha!

So basically after I read about Beth Moore's challenge, I jumped right on board! I am so excited and am really going to try and hold myself accountable. Her staff has made it easy by creating an i-Phone app!! It's called, Siesta scripture memory team for 2011. I have already downloaded the app and plan to plug in my two verses for each month. Looking ahead, I am excited to see what verses have been placed on my heart over this year and how they have worked in my life! This is going to be so cool! :) Thanks Allison for sharing this on your blog!

Here are the two verses I am memorizing right now for the month of January. I read them both last night and they really spoke to me. The last one really reminds me of my sweet husband, who is always so joyful and passionate about life. I try to be more like him!

"that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow in heaven and on earth and under earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father."
Philippians 2:10-11

"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life - in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing."
Philippians 2:14-16



1 comments:

Keeton said...

i love it grace! I want to join you in the challenge- what a great idea and you are so right . . .being able to quote scripture is such a beautiful thing! Thanks for sharing this great idea. I think I may use your second verse as my first to memorize also- such a great reminder to live life joyfully! Love you sweet friend!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio