"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."
Matthew 22:37
This week we have had an ice storm. Our neighborhood roads are covered in at least an inch of ice, still, after three days! Needless to say, I have been home from school. It has been wonderful! I have cleaned, done laundry, slept, caught up on good books and shows, sipped coffee, and slept some more. I am feeling very rested this morning :)!
Here are a couple reasons why I am so excited that it's finally February! I heart this month so much! One reason is because I love when people are happy and feel appreciated. I pray that this month everyone feels like they are loved and appreciated by someone. This doesn't mean that you have to be married or in a serious relationship. It could be your family members, friends, or the people you work with. Take time this month to reflect on the people in your life who make you feel special and let them know with a sweet note or a little sussie! Here are some cute gift ideas that I have seen so far this season!
Williams Sonoma Smore X's and O's

Anthropologie Rose Earrings

Williams Sonoma Heart Shape Egg Fry Rings, ha, cute!

Dr. Delphinium Flower Arrangements, gorgeous!

Another reason I love February is because this is the month I married my best friend! Zach and I got engaged in August 2008, 8-8-08, actually! Ha I'll never forget that! I had always told him that I wanted to have a winter wedding, so when he prosposed in August, I knew it was going to be a quick season of planning, on top of my first year of teaching. Those poor kids, I hope I was at least an O.K. teacher to them ;) One reason I wanted to have a winter wedding is because one of my sisters (Erin) friends got married during the winter, and even though I did not go to the wedding, I will never forget my Mom telling me all about the magical night. One of the details that I soon added as one of my own dreams, was to wear a fur wrap to the reception. Haha, I know it sounds silly, but I just had to have it :) We set our date for February 28th and I prayed and prayed that it would be cold enough to wear my fur. Guess what, God gave us one of the coldest nights of the year! February 28, 2009 was one chilly night, which was perfect for our winter wedding and my fur coat ;)! I can't believe we are celebrating two years! It has flown by and I have loved every second. Growing, learning, and creating our little family together has been so much fun!
Best day!

Also, when February is here, it also means the Spring is right around the corner! Texas is great because of the extreme seasons. When it's cold, it's cold and hot, it's hot! Makes you really ready for the next season to sweep through! I always love taking all the heavy sweaters, boots, and scarves out of my closet and putting in dresses, sandals, and cardigans. Is it just me, or are closets much more organized and spacious during the warmer months :)! I love this because my closets are oh so tiny! The shops are already tempting me, items to dream about for another month or so, before we can actually wear them. The little things to look forward to :) I am thankful for a change in season and look forward to it a lot!
J. Crew Floral Tulle Mini and super cute sandals

J.Crew Soft Washed Scarf

Antrhopologie Rainbow Confetti Dress, this would be fun to wear :)!

Anthropologie Neighborhood Cardigan

I hope your month is filled with lots of love and pink!


2 comments:
I love this Grace!!! So many great things to put on my "wish list"!! Josh and I are celebrating our 2 year anni on Feb. 13! I have to agree...it flew by!! Congrats!!
-Lane Whitlock
You may just get your wish! Look at Kate Spade's color of the month! http://www.katespade.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=11254573
I hope you have a magical Valentines!
Post a Comment