1 John 4:19

"we love because He loved us first."

Friday, February 18, 2011

being nice

I have noticed a lot of people who just aren't nice.

Why? I ask. Why? don't you want to be nice to others and make them want to be nice to you too?

The only thing I can come up with is that they are missing something in their life, or have too much in their life, trying to full-fill something that they think is important.

There is a fine balance between too much and not enough. The past couple of weekends (before the snow days) Zach and I made a pact that we were just going to relax, stay in town, order in, and be in our community. I can not tell you how wonderful this was! When we are busy we tend to forget what is really important to us (family, church, being together). I start to think about all the material things, what I should wear, who will be there. Which is so silly and in turn not what this season is all about. This season of my life is to find a comfort zone of peace and routine that I love. Being free and and just saying no, has helped me to do this.

Perhaps, one of the reasons why people aren't nice is because they have too much going on in their lives and they haven't just said no in awhile.

Before Spring is in full force and all you want to do is be going going going, maybe this is the time to relax, say no thanks, and just be in each moment.




2 comments:

Shannon said...

Grace, you are honestly one of the sweetest people I know! It is always a delight to be around you! I am so glad I got to see you at Lakewood ... I'll be back soon!

the hines fam said...

what a great reminder. i definitely think that we, as Americans, are often WAY too busy. hope you enjoyed your quiet time with your husband.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio