1 John 4:19

"we love because He loved us first."

Sunday, February 27, 2011

february scripture

It's the end of the month, wow, time flew this month! I feel so bad I have not posted my two bible verses for this month's scripture challenge with Beth Moore. However, there have been two verses that really stood out to me this month and I have been memorizing them.

One morning I sat down, opened my bible, prayed it would touch me, and started reading. It was so awesome how the words I read applied to my life so perfectly. I love doing this! Here are the two verses that really stood out to me and I have been praying over all month.

I love this first one because it reminded me that His love and faith stands strong always for us, just like our love and faith in Him should stand strong always. This faith will give you a glorious joy. So wonderful!

"Though you have not seen him you love him; even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
1 Peter 1:8-9

This second verse reminded me of how things will change and hardships will come but his love and his glory will stand forever and make us strong!

"All men are like grass and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever."
1 Peter 1:24-25

This weekend we are rejoicing! We have been trying to find a Church that we love and are involved with. After about two years of bouncing around, the past couple of months we have been visiting Highland Park United Methodist and we could not be more happy! This morning we visited a Sunday school class called "The Knot" (so cute!) and felt right at home. Everyone was so welcoming, it was such a great experience, just what we have been praying for. I am beyond excited and can't wait until next Sunday to go back! Finding a Church community is so powerful and I feel peaceful about our new home! :)

1 comments:

the hines fam said...

hey grace! your blog is always so encouraging! i love reading it. hope you and zach are doing well. when you get a second, check out my latest blog post. i have a little surprise for you :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio