1 John 4:19

"we love because He loved us first."

Sunday, April 24, 2011

happy easter

Easter weekend has been so much fun! It was such a great time together. We spent a lot of time just sitting around talking and loving on the little kids/babies, well at least the girls did. The boys on the other hand, were active the entire weekend; playing sports, snorkeling for Poppie's lost sunglasses at the lake (which were found by Mr. Brack himself!), trying to fish a new rope through a flag pole (which Zach attempted by climbing the 20 ft. high pole like a monkey! I was so scared, really!). Needless to say, they didn't miss a beat. But we all had so much fun!

Just enjoying the patio!

Getting into trouble ;)
It was really hot on Saturday and we were able to lay out and play in the pool, die eggs, and have an Easter egg hunt!

My beautiful sisters

Easter Egg Hunt! Adorable!

I love my family so much. When I get to the lake, I pretty much shut out all outside distractions. Ha, I never look at my phone, never check my email, and you basically have to drag me out the door to go somewhere else. I know why I love it so much out there and it's because of my family. Everyone is so close! We can sit around late at night just talking and enjoying conversation. I hope that, someday, our kids are this close too!

Mary and little Olivia. Doesn't Mary look beautiful! She is having her own little baby in 5 months! She is glowing and the cutest! We are so excited!

Loving on some cute babies :)
I love this song and feel like it explains Easter perfectly. Singing these words just make me smile and feel so blessed. He is Risen indeed!! It called "He is Mighty to Save" by Hillsong. Here are little parts that I love...

Savior, He can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save
Forever, author of Salvation
He rose and conquered the grave, Jesus conquered the grave.

Shine Your light and let the whole world see, we're singing
For the glory of the risen King, Jesus!

What an amazing thing to celebrate! Our Savior has Risen! I want to try and remember this and pray about this in thanksgiving more this year, instead of just this weekend, once a year! What a gift, I can't even begin to explain its majesty!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio