Six years ago when Zach and I first started dating we went on one of my favorite dates, still to this day. Don't you just love those nights when everything goes perfect?! That's how this night was, for sure!
It was really last minute and we just randomly decided to try out the Concerts in the Garden at the Botanical Gardens. We went to the mall and bought some awesome wine bags, made by BUILT (since then we have bought more of these awesome wine bags, but that's another post), a blanket, and we quickly ate at Chick-fil-A. Then we headed to the Gardens, not knowing who was playing or what to expect at all. Luckily for us it was a refreshing summer night and the band was a Beatles cover. We drank both bottles of wine, the conversation was going, and we danced the night away. I will always remember the night!

Since being in Dallas we recently just heard about "Cool Thursdays" at the Arboretum. On the lawn, picnics, wine, dancing, and a great band, same idea. This season we bought a package deal and I look forward to it every time. The only difference now as a married couple, is that we are way more prepared and organized. Last week we went and I wanted to document the night, so I took lots of pics.
You'll need a picnic basket (here are some from Brookstone that are neat). My parents gave us this one the night of our wedding. When we got back to the hotel it was filled with little samples of the foods from our wedding, champagne, and pieces of our cakes. I love this basket.
Fill it up with dinner, napkins, utensils, cup, water, and wine.
A blanket and chairs. I got our chairs at Dick's Sporting Goods. They sit really low to the ground and have cup holders. Plus you can wear them as a back-pack!
Before the next concert, I am getting these! They are called Steady Sticks and hold your wine glass and are super cool...
And once you get there, this is your backdrop. Gorgeous huh? God is good!
Stage at the bottom of the lawn hill.


0 comments:
Post a Comment