1 John 4:19

"we love because He loved us first."

Sunday, April 3, 2011

rejoice and be glad

"So teach us to count our days that we may gain a wise heart.
Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, so that we may rejoice and be glad
all our days."

Psalm 90:12-14

I am writing about this today, really as a reminder for myself, but I hope it touches you too. This morning our Pastor reminded us that we should be living each day to the fullest and in good spirits. He asked us these questions; How would you pray if this was your last time to converse with Jesus in this sweet way? What would you do with your spouse if this was your last time together? How would you handle tasks at work if this was your last time to use those talents? Love more, pray more, rejoice more each day to the fullest in all that you do. In Psalm 90, Job says that our days are numbered. As sad and weird as it is to think about that, it is so true and amazing at the same time.

On a day to day basis I get stressed and bogged down by pressures and strains of the world. Watching the news, gossip, vanity, and wantings are all influencing my days with negativity. This morning was such a good reminder for me to remember that these things are not feeding my heart and allowing me to be a light for Christ, they are holding me back. Letting go and focusing on God's love and purpose for us (to show that love to others) is what will fill my days with joy and fulfillment.

I love how in verse 14 Jobe says, "Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love." and I will go on to pray that this love will guide me throughout my day so that I will surround myself with positive forces, do tasks with a kinder heart, and find joy in sharing this love. So this week instead of counting down the days until Friday, or looking at my watch for 3 0'clock to come I hope to stop and live in these minutes/hours/ and days that are gifts from God.

I hope that everyone has a beautiful week and is enjoying the Spring weather :)!

1 comments:

Kasie said...

Love this, Grace!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio