1 John 4:19

"we love because He loved us first."

Friday, June 17, 2011

project

Today I was out and about running errands and enjoying my day. I found this cute store, The Nest, and went in to browse around. I am looking for a piece to inspire me for our living room. We are going to move all of our living room furniture to the den and start fresh in the open space. I am so excited, but really want to take my time and find special things that I love. My Mom told me that if I find something; a table, lamps, art work, anything that I love, we can decorate the whole room to work with that piece. I know this will be a long process but I'm excited to get it rolling!

While I was browsing around my eyes locked on some fabulous lamps. The had navy and orange in them and I really like them a lot! Who knows, maybe this could be the start! Anywho, while the brain was on lamps, I remembered that we had some in our garage that I like but they did not match any of the decorating we had done in our home. So they were just sitting in the garage, collecting cobwebs, yuck!

I knew I couldn't use them for the new living room, but I thought that if I made some changes to them, they could go great in our master bedroom. I headed straight to Michael's and got some eggshell acrylic paint and brushes! So this is how I spent my afternoon, maybe tomorrow I'll get back to the living room ;)


Very pretty, but my style is just changing....

Coat number one! I was a bit scared at this point!

After three coats....whaaalaaa! I think I might get some new shades too!

And to think, these were in our garage!
A little paint goes a long way! I am painting our den next week, wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio