Tonight we blessed our Christmas tree.
It was such beautiful experience. I have never done this before but my father in law brought his Advent book this weekend while they were visiting and as we were all together we blessed our tree. It was so sweet and really touched my heart. I want to do it every single year from now on out. Not only did it remind me of what the tree symbolizes but it reminded me of the true reason for the season. Jesus Christ the Son is born to love and save us all.
This is a part of the blessing that I really loved. "My brothers and sisters, amidst signs and wonders Christ Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea: his birth brings joy to our hearts and enlightenment to our minds. With this tree, decorated and adorned, may we welcome Christ among us; may its light guide us to the perfect light."
All year we celebrate our family members and friends birthdays, planning what to wear, what gift to share, and where the party will be celebrated. Yet once a year is the greatest birthday of all, which fills us with the wonder of Your love. As Christmas grows near I am filled with peace and joy as I am reminded that God is in our hearts and cares for us daily, guiding us to serve his Kingdom.
Christmas lights in the tree and on our houses are always so gorgeous to me. They are so shiny and sparkly! I can only imagine how happy Jesus is, when he looks down to see all the beautiful shimmer on Earth celebrating Him! Not only is our house twinkling for the King but our hearts are too! Happy Birthday baby Jesus!


0 comments:
Post a Comment