Last week we went to the rodeo with my parents. The good thing about the rodeo is that you always know just what you are going to get. I like it that way. Always the same and so much fun. Decked out in our boots and pearl snaps we started the night walking around the coliseum shopping the western wear. We ran into Elsie the Broden milk cow and boy is she oh so pretty! I had to get a picture with her.
Then we walked over and ate at one of my all time favorite restaurants, Reata. The night of our engagement, Zach had his whole family and my whole family waiting at the rooftop of Reata with champagne and desserts to celebrate. Also, he surprised me many years before that there with all of my friends for my twenty first birthday. We have had some good times there. I always love the chance to go again. Except at the rodeo they open up their own little restaurant called Reata at the Rodeo. It is all the same yummy foods and western atmosphere. It is perfect to enjoy a delicious meal and then walk right over to the show. Without a doubt I order the same thing...tenderloin tamales with pecan mash. If I ever had the chance to be on the show, The Best Thing I Ever Ate, that is for sure what I would say. It is amazing!
I made the boys get in the pic too!
Then we walked over and ate at one of my all time favorite restaurants, Reata. The night of our engagement, Zach had his whole family and my whole family waiting at the rooftop of Reata with champagne and desserts to celebrate. Also, he surprised me many years before that there with all of my friends for my twenty first birthday. We have had some good times there. I always love the chance to go again. Except at the rodeo they open up their own little restaurant called Reata at the Rodeo. It is all the same yummy foods and western atmosphere. It is perfect to enjoy a delicious meal and then walk right over to the show. Without a doubt I order the same thing...tenderloin tamales with pecan mash. If I ever had the chance to be on the show, The Best Thing I Ever Ate, that is for sure what I would say. It is amazing!
After dinner we walked over to the rodeo, got some beer, peanuts, and cotton candy. The show was exciting and filled with lots of scares and laughs. I am always so worried that a cowboy with break his back or something worse. I also always feel kinda bad for the cows, horses, and bulls. They never look like they are having too much fun. It is kinda a crazy thing if you think about it. None the less it is always a good time had by all. I am looking forward to next years rodeo!
Our cute cowboys :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment