We are having a baby, and could not be more excited!!!!
"I will praise thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:14
Zach and I found at the end of January and had our first sonogram at 6 weeks on February 14th, it was a precious Valentine's Day :) The baby was teeny tiny and only the size of a lentil bean. We told our family that same week by showing them this picture. It was great to see the reactions, and some confusion. With some of them we kept having to say, "What do you think about the sign? Ya know, the sign." haha! It was fun. Since then we have just been looking at all things baby and talking about all the things on our "to do" list around the house. It's great to imagine a cute little one here with us!!
Big thanks to our awesome neighbors Brooke and Scott for helping with this picture!
Between weeks 4 and 9, I felt pretty yuck, but I could sorta control it by eating constantly. Small snacks all day long were the best thing! But now that I am 12 weeks and finishing up my first trimester, I can honestly say I feel a million times better and am loving every second. I just started wearing some maternity wear, mainly just pants and shorts. Thanks to my sisters and Mom, I am set to go! Zach was pretty pumped when I came home last week, after a weekend with the girls at my parents, with bags full of maternity wear! Don't think he was too excited about spending $$ on that! My baby bump is still pretty tiny but my hips have opened for sure. It is crazy/amazing how much your body changes and prepares for a baby. I just love it so much :)
Here's our little angel! Can you see the nose and lips?!
Last Friday we went for a regular check-up, where you hear the heart beat and just make sure things are looking normal and healthy. We had a little scare because my doctor could not pick up the heart beat with the little heart monitor they use, so she got a different one, and still couldn't pick up the heart beat. She requested that we have another sonogram just to double check and make sure things were still OK. My heart was beating for sure! We got right in and did the sonogram within 5 minutes, when immediately we heard the sweetest sound ever! We were both amazed and filled with joy to see and hear that everything was going great and right on target. The nurse said that our baby was "hanging out" way in the back and that is way they couldn't pick up the heart beat this early. I personally think that our baby just wanted us to see him or her again ;) At 11 weeks the heart beat was 171 bpm and we could see so many of it's little features already! No news yet if it is a boy or girl, but I can hardly wait to find out!
"Every good and perfect gift is from above." James 1:17



3 comments:
I love y'all so much and the lil bambino that is growing! Can't wait to see you sometime soon!
Woo hoo...motherhood is such an amazing journey and you will be wonderful! So excited for yall, Grace!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! you are going to be such a wonderful mama. i'm so happy for you. and that "bump ahead" picture is awesome.... love it. I can't wait to keep up with your pregnancy... you are going to be such a beautiful, glowing momma-to-be. :)
Post a Comment