1 John 4:19

"we love because He loved us first."

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

lake season

It's here, it's here, the second to best time of the year!  SUMMER!  

I have three more weeks of school and can taste summer right around the corner.  Last weekend we went to Possum Kingdom Lake with some great friends to celebrate the kick off of lake season and Cinco de Mayo.  Sally and Tyler have the greatest lake house, it was so much fun!  And to really start the weekend on the right foot, we saw this man on the way.  It made me smile and laugh, he is one happy American :) 

Flag. Flag helmet. Sombrero. 

Saturday we went on a great hike, it was really neat and once we were at the top the view of the lake was so pretty.  When we got to the top baby Davis was moving up a storm, it was one of the first times it moved around that much and I knew what it was.  Loved it!  

Zach and I

The girls...almost there!

Beautiful view :)

After the hike we had a great lunch, laid out on the dock, took the boat for a ride, laid out some more, and enjoyed great company.  It's so nice to be able to relax and catch up with great friends.  Saturday night Sally made a fabulous dinner.  Fajitas to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with all the trimmings, homemade ice cream, and s'mores!!  I indulged to say the least.  She is such a great cook, I watched every move to try and learn some things :)  

 Homemade Margaritas (I was sad to miss out on these babies).....

but baby Davis and I sure did enjoy the s'mores :)

Sweet Catherine and Clay

 My love

Best host and hostess!  Such a great weekend!

We were all sad to see the weekend go but are already getting excited about the next lake weekend!  Feeling very blessed!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio