1 John 4:19

"we love because He loved us first."

Friday, August 3, 2012

a joyful day

Friday night I didn't sleep a wink.  I was too excited about Hannah's first baby shower.  Saturday night after the shower I did not sleep a wink because I stayed up thinking about every detail from the shower :)

My beautiful hostesses

I  couldn't wait to see everyone and celebrate this little baby.  My sweet sisters and best friends threw the most beautiful event! I was overcome with so much thanks and felt so blessed because of these girls and all of the other precious guests who attended!  It was so joyful.  My mom and I rode to the party together and I told her that I had butterflies because I was so excited,  I felt like a little girl again :)

Sweetest friends

Best family

So happy you were there to celebrate 

 Mom and sisters

Love love these girl!

Precious lifelong friend with sweet sister 

I loved talking with friends and family as we sipped my favorite drink, Arnold Palmers (tea and lemonaide), viewed pictures of Zach and I as babies and young children, and enjoyed an amazing lunch.  The flowers filled the house with a sweet scent and the company filled the house with love!  I was in awe the whole time :)



One of my favorite parts was that each guest brought their favorite childhood book with their gift for Hannah's new library.  Each time I opened a gift the giver would tell about the book and share a little something.  I could tell they all brought back memories for everyone.  We have one full library now.  She has no idea how lucky she is...or how happy I am about this.  We will be reading a LOT! 

Another adorable detail of the party was this girly party favor.  Each guest got to take home an Essie nail polish with a tag on it that said, "It's a Girl!  Hannah Jean Davis"  So adorable and everyone was so pumped to take home a new bottle of pink polish :)


Our little growing family was showered for sure!  The nursery is stocked and I really feel like we can have Hannah now.  We are so blessed! 

We can bring her home with us...we got our car seat :) haha!

And to top it all off, when I got home my awesome hubby had bought a new car!  He promised it was big enough for a car seat, haha.  We are so blessed.









0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio