1 John 4:19

"we love because He loved us first."

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

diy

The nursery is coming together but I was on a hunt for some art inspiration.  Always loving Pottery Barn Kids I headed there for some ideas and maybe a good find.  This canvas caught my eye and I loved everything about it, except the price tag.  It was $250...so I took a pic to remember its cuteness and continued the search.


  Later that week I headed to the lake and showed my Mom the canvas.  She loved it also, but insisted that she thought we could create the same thing!  We ran up to Michael's and the fun began :)

A book of scrap-book paper, sponge brushes, canvas, modpodge glue, paint, and block letters.  I knew that I wanted to use the cute little bunny pillow in the nursery.  My Mom needle pointed it in 2000 and it was in my bedroom at one point.  The colors have been my inspiration for Hannah's room.


Up close on the paints and Mod Podge glue

I picked out the pages that matched the pillow and traced around the block letters.

After painting the canvas cream, I went over it with two different shades of gray, placed the letters, and covered the whole thing with mod podge paint.  I am really happy with how it turned out!  PLUS, it only cost me about $60 dollars for the whole thing.  I couldn't believe how much money we saved :)!


When I got home I also painted the two side tables the same blue shade.  This week I am getting everything put in its place and the chair comes in early next week, so then I will be ready to post the final look :)  This is more fun than planning my wedding!!


My niece who is 9 asked for one that says DREAM for her new big girl bedroom, too cute!  If you want one, let me know, there are a lot of Mommies-to-be out there ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio