Where is Jesus in politics, on TV, among the rich and famous, around the dinner table? This is a question that I have been asking myself a lot lately. When I turn on the TV I see a lot of things, but I never see Christianity being plugged in. When I watch our government, I wonder what their faith is and on what Christian principles they rely. Very rarely do you hear of an actor or actress expressing their love for Jesus publicly. Are families talking about their faith and blessings when gathered together for dinner?
Another question I am always asking myself is how can I show more of Jesus' love to other people so that they can become close to Him. What can I do? Just think if you were the President, on a hit TV show, or in all the movies and magazine, you could make such a huge impact.
It helps me so much to put myself around good people who love the Lord and are examples of Him. They are constant reminders of how I should live and how thankful I should be for my life. Going to Church and Sunday School you are surrounded with love and greatness, but that's not everywhere. Not everyone has those people in their life or that great Church. They need to see it other places. There are places in he world where Jesus is never heard of and Christianity is a mystery. I wish that more people in the spot light would show their love for the Lord so more could see the love of the Lord.
I know I probably won't ever be on TV or in the White House :) but lately one small thing that I have been really called to do is wear my cross necklace. Even if a stranger in the grocery store sees me wearing my cross maybe, just maybe that will make a difference for them. I want everyone to know that I love Jesus. I want everyone to have the chance to learn of Jesus and fill their hearts with his love also. I know its small and you might think it wouldn't make a difference, but what if every Christian wore their cross. Makes me wonder if more conversations about faith would start up because of this. So here is my challenge, great or small, how can Christians openly show their passion and faith in Jesus Christ to others? We need more of it in society, lots more. Maybe it's in the little things, a smile, a hug, or maybe it's in a cross necklace.
Do you wear your faith on your sleeve?
Perhaps we all need to do a bit more of this, I know I need too :)
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15


0 comments:
Post a Comment