Well my due date has come and gone. It feels very strange to have October 7th over and no baby. We are doing our best to encourage Hannah Jean to come, lots of walks and spicy foods filled the weekend :)
Yesterday, I was a little blue that I didn't wake up and was magically in labor, ha! I thinks that's just what you assume because the "due" date is your time marker for everything during pregnancy. Some of my girl friends and I laughed that due dates should not be given...you should just be told a window of time when your baby could be born. That would take all the pressure off the date, especially if you are late. It's crazy but only like 5% of babies are actually born on their due date. It's ok, we just want Hannah to be healthy. Also, it is a blessing because at the hospital they just started a new practice yesterday, where the baby gets to stay in the room with her parents the entire time after birth. Bath, tests, everything are done in the same room with Mom and Dad, love this. We are glad that she won't be taken out for a bit to have these things done, so that's a relief :)
Friends and family showered up with lots of sweet phone calls and texts yesterday, which made it better. Also, some of our sweet friends Lindsay and Brad came over with my favorite cookies from McKinnley's Bakery in Ft. Worth. It was so nice to sit and laugh with them for a while, really kept my mind on other stuff. We also bought Fall mums and pumpkins to welcome home our girl. I absolutely love Fall, and I know I will love it even more now that it will symbolize Hannah to us.
Thumbprint Cookies, amazing!
Mums and Pumpkins to welcome Hannah Jean home :)
So now we are left wondering if she will come on her own this week. I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and if all is still the same we are going to induce on Friday, October 12th, I am hoping she's here before then ;)


0 comments:
Post a Comment