LIFE
Lately we have had a lot going on. There has been a lot going through my mind as well. Good things, sad things, joyous things, frustrating things...the list goes on. From one extreme feeling to the next.
Lately we have had a lot going on. There has been a lot going through my mind as well. Good things, sad things, joyous things, frustrating things...the list goes on. From one extreme feeling to the next.
I am filled with so much joy from our baby girl. I can't even explain how much I love being a Mom. I have been waiting for this my entire life, really. I knew it was going to be great but I had no idea how in love I would be with my daughter. I look forward to seeing her each morning and getting her up from each nap. I could kiss those little cheeks a bazillion times a day! My heart is filled to the top with love for her.
One of my sisters just had another baby girl this past week!! Lillian Grace :) I am so honored to share my name. She is the cutest little bundle of joy. It was crazy holding her and realizing how much Hannah has grown from when she was a newborn. Babies are such a blessing!
One of my sisters just had another baby girl this past week!! Lillian Grace :) I am so honored to share my name. She is the cutest little bundle of joy. It was crazy holding her and realizing how much Hannah has grown from when she was a newborn. Babies are such a blessing!
On another note, I have also had a deep heart of sadness for the United States. Every week when I turn on the news there is another horrible thing happening somewhere. Bombings, shootings, people being stabbed, and women being raped. Often times I find myself overwhelmed by how sad all of this is. Why is there so much evil in peoples hearts. I am convinced that a big part of it is TV, movies, and video games. Some movies that we watch these days are so dark and there are scenes that I can't even fathem. They stay in my mind forEVER! I can't even watch movies with Zach anymore because they are so disturbing. I know that most people say, it's just a movie, and that's true it is. However, there are some people who are weak in one way or another and when they watch horrible stuff like that in a movie or on TV or in a game, somewhere in their mind they go crazy. For example, there was a stabbing on a college campus recently. The guy who stabbed people with a knife said that he had always wanted to stab people. WHAT! Where in the world would he get that erge? Craziness, really! Again I am convinced that you have to see it for it to be in your mind, therefore, make you think insane things like that. I also know that a big part of it is people different beliefs and religions. For them, I pray and pray that they will find Jesus and be saved.
Completely different note, we have been able to spend a lot more time with friends lately. I have LOVED it! Going to dinner, getting drinks, hosting parties. It's been wonderful and we have really enjoyed it! It's nice to be able to get away and have date nights and socialize with friends :) Hannah's routine is pretty consistent and I feel comfortable leaving her with our babysitter, whom I love! It's such a treat to get all dressed up and go out, but a big side of me also can't wait to get back home and peek in on my sleeping baby girl :)
And the last big thing I've been consumed with lately is my hubby and his stomach pain. He hasn't been feeling well for about 6 months. He has been to the doctor and has had lots of tests and blood work done. They can't seem to figure out what is causing this horrible pain. Next step is to get an endoscopy to check in the stomach for ulcers. I am hoping that this is it, because for the most part ulcers are treatable. It is so hard to see him not feeling well. It makes me sad and frustrated because I want to be able to help him but there is nothing I can do. We have been eating really bland foods and lots of veggies in hopes that we can remedy the pain. It seems to be helping a little bit. I've been saying lots of prayers that we figure this thing out soon so he can feel better and have a great quality of life back. You don't realize how precious health is when you are feeling great, it's when you are in pain or sick that you long for your health. I pray and long that he gets his health back and I know he does too!
Yes, there are ups and downs but I am forever thankful for the life He has given me and all the love He continuously pours over my family. Thank you Jesus!
Completely different note, we have been able to spend a lot more time with friends lately. I have LOVED it! Going to dinner, getting drinks, hosting parties. It's been wonderful and we have really enjoyed it! It's nice to be able to get away and have date nights and socialize with friends :) Hannah's routine is pretty consistent and I feel comfortable leaving her with our babysitter, whom I love! It's such a treat to get all dressed up and go out, but a big side of me also can't wait to get back home and peek in on my sleeping baby girl :)
And the last big thing I've been consumed with lately is my hubby and his stomach pain. He hasn't been feeling well for about 6 months. He has been to the doctor and has had lots of tests and blood work done. They can't seem to figure out what is causing this horrible pain. Next step is to get an endoscopy to check in the stomach for ulcers. I am hoping that this is it, because for the most part ulcers are treatable. It is so hard to see him not feeling well. It makes me sad and frustrated because I want to be able to help him but there is nothing I can do. We have been eating really bland foods and lots of veggies in hopes that we can remedy the pain. It seems to be helping a little bit. I've been saying lots of prayers that we figure this thing out soon so he can feel better and have a great quality of life back. You don't realize how precious health is when you are feeling great, it's when you are in pain or sick that you long for your health. I pray and long that he gets his health back and I know he does too!
Yes, there are ups and downs but I am forever thankful for the life He has given me and all the love He continuously pours over my family. Thank you Jesus!


0 comments:
Post a Comment