1 John 4:19

"we love because He loved us first."

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

grocery fun and breast milk...

Such a cutie!  

This morning has been so nice.  Hannah has been very sweet and cuddly.  It is freezing cold outside so we have no plans but to stay warm and stay indoors.  Central Market was really the only thing on my list of things I had to do.  Luckily, H loves it there.  The balloon keeps her happy and all the people too.  She says hi to every person we pass. Ha!  It's hilarious when she says hi to a man thats by himself, they are always so thrown off guard by her openness! haha!


During Hannahs nap I cleaned out the freezer.  It was time.  This is going to sound crazy but I still had breast milk stored in there.  I absolutely hated to pump but when I found out we were going to be taking a trip without Hannah I had to pump and freeze for when we were gone.  Hannah was only 5 months old at this point.  Sadly before we left for the trip I found out that my bm does not freeze correctly and spoils.  I did a lot of research to figure out what in the world was going on and why it was so sour after defrosting.  Turns out that some woman have an abundance of lactase in their milk and you have to heat it just to the point before boiling before you freeze it.  In a way pasteurizing it.  Good to know for the next baby.  Word to new Moms, test a little bit of your bm and see if it freezes correctly.  If not then take the next steps.  Never assume!!  It was hard to throw it away but it was silly that I was still bitter about it going bad.  Ha, kinda funny now that I think about it.  I guess I just wanted to hold on to a part of the faze when I nursed our first little babe.  


This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio