1 John 4:19

"we love because He loved us first."

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

baby it's cold outside...

It was so cold last week, like freezing literally!  We had snow!

View from my parents kitchen table.  I sat her for awhile sipping on my coffee while Hannah pulled out all my Mom's tupperware ;)

Zach headed off to Atlanta for work and Hannah and I jumped in the car to my parents house for the weekend.  Didn't want to get stuck at home with a toddler all by ourselves!!!!

View to the lake.  Dreamy...

It was a wonderful visit.  I was even a nice Mommy and let Hannah play in the snow for awhile.  She loved it.  Her favorite part was eating it, of course.  I think it felt good on her teething gums ;)  I don't know what it is about my parents house, but I always get in supper lazy mode there.  Like could sit on the couch and do nothing all day long.  Do yall feel the same way when you go home?  I guess there's just something cozy and relaxing about being home with your Mom and Dad :)

munchkin

quick pic :)

When we got home I made this homaney soup.  It is so YUMMY!  We ate on it for days!

Homaney Soup 
1 pound ground turkey or chicken
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
2 cans Rotel
1 big can Homaney
1.5 packets of taco seasoning
1.5 packets ranch seasoning
2 boxes chicken broth


I serve it with avocado and cheese.

We have been sick a lot this winter (colds, stomach bugs, ect), but there have been some pretty wonderful memories along the way as well.  I think I will always remember this season as the time when Hannah turned into a little toddler walking around and talking to us.  Here comes Spring, I can taste it already!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio