1 John 4:19

"we love because He loved us first."

Thursday, February 27, 2014

five years

Tomorrow is our five year anniversary!  

It honestly feels like just yesterday I met Zach at a TCU fraternity party, ha!  After that night the rest is history.  It was love at first sight for me.  People ask if you believe in love at first sight, well I do.  Because it happened to me.  This guy stole me heart from the first conversation we had, it included my all time love, Jesus Christ (and yes we were at a fraternity party!!) Pretty awesome.  That night we found out we shared a great love for the Lord and also shared a Theatre class. Every class Zach saved me a seat and lunch usually followed.  But our first "official" date was to Church one Sunday morning and Chili's afterwards.  I was so excited to be with him at Church, I'm pretty sure I missed the entire sermon!  haha!  I remember what we ordered for lunch, I had a salad (never wanted to eat with my hands on a first date, ha!) and Zach had a burger.  I really wanted a burger but had to play it safe.  Didn't want burger grease running down my chin on a first date ;)  Silly me.  

Zach is studying for his CFP and this weekend he has another course so we aren't able to do a date night.  We celebrate last Friday night though and it was so wonderful!  I felt like a freshman in college again on my first date.  I had butterflies and nothing could wipe the smile from my face.  Hannah spent the night with her cousins in Fort Worth, so we didn't have to worry about relieving a babysitter.  

First we went to Nobu, an amazing Japanese restaurant here in Dallas.  We had so much food and my tummy was very full, but it was all so yummy.  We had sashito pepper, seafood soup, lobster ceviche lettuce wraps, crab tempura, blackened sea bass, and two sushi rolls.  After dinner we headed to Perry's for their famous apple pie in a bag with vanilla ice cream.  We sat under this beautiful red glass chandelier. After dessert we were headed home but then like three really good dance songs came on the radio, and after a bottle of wine and a dessert drink, we got in the mood for some dancing.  I laugh when I think about this but we headed to a bar on Knox Street and danced like we were in college again.  It was a blast!!!!

The only picture we got together was in the car on the way to dinner.  

The peppers.  I was so nervous to order these but our waiter recommended them.  They were delicious!

Awesome red chandelier 

I am so thankful for a fun night out with my love.  He is such an amazing person and I am so proud of him. 

Saturday morning we were both really ready to see Hannah so we jumped in the car and had lunch with family at Yogis (a FW fave).  Hannah had a blast with her cousins.  She was so tired on the way home but we wanted her to nap in her crib and not the car so we could nap too ;)  Zach was on duty for keeping her awake.  It was a hard job, but he did great!  After a long refreshing nap we headed to the park and enjoyed the rest of our weekend as a family :)

Hannah and Dada at work on Sunday getting some things organized.

Here's to a bazillion more years with this crew!!!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio