Zach has his CFP test this November and he has been studying literally all year. He signed up for a course that has had him away for one weekend a month since last January. It forced him to study and prepare for this test. It has been a long year with him so busy, but I am so thankful that it is getting close and he will be done! We have missed him so much. You wouldn't think that one weekend a month would be that hard, but when you add it all together, it turns out he was away from us for about a month over the year. I could never be a wife of a traveling husband. It has made me so thankful for his job and his flexibility. It has also made me pray and think about all the wives/moms who kiss their husbands goodbye for days at a time each week. They are strong! Needless to say, next year will be refreshing and we look forward to a lot more lazy weekends as a fam of four!
With Dad so busy it has really made us appreciate the time we have together. So thankful for this man and the way he provides for his family. He is amazing.
The test falls during the same week that I am due with Sam. We new the test was going to be in November but we thought that it would be the very first of the month. So last week at my doctors appointment we brought up the situation with my doctor. She was so understanding and sweet. She totally understood the importance of Zach's test and preparation. How could he study and be rested with a newborn in the hospital or with a wife at home waiting to go into labor any minute. Not the best scenario for a major test. She mentioned inducing labor the week before. We both jumped at the option! A week early, how wonderful!! Sam will be here and Zach can study and rest while I have family here to help with Hannah and a newborn. Still not the BEST timing, but this is better than nothing. Plus, Zach would say differently, but he is such a good test taker. It amazes me.
I have been pretty busy getting the nursery ready. With about seven weeks to go, I keep telling myself he will be here before we know it! It's funny, with Hannah I think I had my bags packed for the hospital at this point. It's nice to have a sense of peace with having your second baby. I keep imagining him being calm and easy. Maybe that's just me not panicking about all the unknown I had with a first born. I am hoping that Sam is a bit more, "go with the flow kinda kid'. Hannah still keeps us on our toes. She's just like her Dad, energizer bunny. Here are a couple pictures of his room. I still want to find a great lamp and pillow for the chair.
His place of rest ;)
Little Darling Photography
I wanted this pouf for Hannah's room but never got it. Now I have a foot rest, woohoo!
Lots of long hours spent in this chair. Getting ready to do it all again!
And to close up for the night, this is the face Hannah makes when we ask her to smile for a picture! Always being silly. She's almost 2! And these days she pretty much always has a snack and stuffed animal in her hands. She cracks me up so much!


0 comments:
Post a Comment