Sam. Where do I even begin....
6 months old.
19 pounds of pure JOY!
You absolutely have our hearts.
I thought I should spend some time writing about you and only you. Our days are very busy right now. It is hard to find time to reflect and write down everything you are up to, but I don't want to forget.
Let me just start by saying, I thought Hannah was my easy baby. Boy was I wrong. ha! You have been sleeping through the night for a long time now. I think it happened about 10 weeks old. Every now and then you wake up and I don't hesitate to come in a get some cuddles :) I rocked Hannah every night for a couple hours, so to get some time with you one on one in the middle of the night is so sweet. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that you sleep like a champ. I am so THANKFUL for this! But I do love our cuddles. Last week you started rolling over on your tummy. You roll over as soon as I put you in your crib. I went in and rolled you back over the first couple nights, but then just gave in. I think you are much happier on your tummy, so cozy, and that's fine with me. Last week we also transitioned you from your swing for naps during the day to your crib. I was dreading it, but you did great and actually nap better in your crib. Why did I wait so long? Zach put the swing up, it was the last little newborn thing we still had out. I can't believe that over the next couple months you will sit up, crawl, talk, and eat solids! Man, a lot is going to happen. I am trying to SOAK up these days with you as a little baby boy, they are fleeting.
Your smile melts our hearts. You love your sissy so much. She makes you laugh and you look for her all day long. She loves you too! Ya'll are really starting to pay more attention to each other. I can't wait to see how your friendship unfolds.
You have been eating oatmeal for about a month. You love it. You also love bananas, sweet potatoes, and peas. I think this food thing is going to be a breeze with you. You are still nursing half the day and your last two feedings are formula.
You will go to anyone. And love everyone! I don't have to worry about you crying with the babysitter or in the Church nursery. You are always just as happy as can be. What a sweetie! You look around the room all day taking everything in. You aren't talking much yet but every now and then you let us know what's up ;) Your big brown eyes are precious. I could stare into them all day.
Sam, I love you with my whole being. I am in awe of the sweet heart that I know you are. I am so proud of you! Being yall's Mommy is my favorite thing! Thank you Lord for this little boy.


0 comments:
Post a Comment